Monday, Soren and I decided to put all of our effort into opening and fixing the suction machine. Our best guess as to why the motor wasn’t starting was the starter cap so we went on a hunt to buy one. After getting back with it and testing it out- nothing changed : SHOOT! It took about 2 hours to even get into the middle to see what was going on because the casing was so ridiculous. After fidgeting around for quite some time, we realized that oil had yet to be placed anywhere inside the machine, including the reservoirs for it. Luckily, we still had some oil left over from the operating table we fixed so we put oil everywhere to see if it’d make a difference. Without reassembling every part back together, we tested the motor with the newly added oil and it was up and running. After testing it for a while we then attempted to get it all back together- another big problem. For being a new machine, the seals were made of out oily newspaper and we noticed that the axle of the motor wasn’t aligned with the suction chambers. After spending the entire day on the machine we at least got a good news call that the led blue lights we had ordered arrived and we could pick them up before 4. We headed over there and were so excited to get them and see. The owner had them specially delivered from one of his workers in Dar, which was really nice. We tested them that night and we were amazed on how bright they were! I can't wait to finish up on the machines we've been working on and concentrate on our secondary project.
Go to www.kupikiatanzania.com for all the details on my cookbook!!!